Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Wacky Wednesday Challenge Three

Thankful
More Graphics at pYzam.com




Scrapbook about something funny that has happened to you!!
Half way there, remember anyone can play and the due date is 11/30!!!
Have a great day!

Just got home from the gym!! Had a great workout!! I think my arms might fall off! I am suppose to meet with the cabinet guy to get the final stuff ironed out. Should be interesting because he is also going to give us the prices....

Well last night was the longest night ever!! I got the phone call I was wanting and dreading at the same time. This phone call completely drain me emotionally. This family member is wanting me to take them in. As much I want to do this. I don't think if it is for the best plan for her. She is completely lost when it comes to deciding what she is wanting to do with her life. I feel like my family is looking at me to pick up the pieces. I know it would be a huge responsibility to take her in and a strain on my family. She of course doesn't see it that way. I think she thinks about how great it would be to be close to us and be around the boys and get to know them. But in the back of my head I am like where are you going to live? You don't have a job right, so you have no income. How are you going to financially support yourself and think about moving across the country. Is this where I am suppose to pick up the pieces. Am I suppose to take her in, support and take care of her emotionally and financially?? This is a huge thing for me to even think about. And honestly I don't think I can handle it. I have been drained by this person for a very long time.... I don't think I can take much more. I hate to have these feelings, but it makes me angry in a way. Angry at the situation. I think why can't she keep a job?? Why is it every time she gets a job there is always someone against her?? Why does she keep losing her home?? Why is she staying at my sister's apartment that is vacant and has no electricity? All of these questions I have and I don't think she is thinking very rationally or logically. But how do you say that to someone who is already unstable? What happened to her??? She use to be so strong willed and now she is just here at a stand still. So today I have to call her and give her my decision. Last night I was sooo upset I couldn't even speak. My brother had to get on the phone to get me to speak. I told him I didn't know what to say....

8 comments:

wild4scrapsandstamps2 said...

HONEY, THIS IS WHEN YOU NEED TO DO WHAT IS BEST FOR "YOU". AND OF COURSE YOUR HUSBAND AND BOYS. YOUR "PERSON" SOUNDS LIKE THEY NEED MORE THAN JUST YOU FOR HELP; I DON'T MEAN TO SOUND SO HARSH, BUT I HAVE A SIMILAR "PERSON" IN MY LIFE AND IT TOOK ALOT OF PRAYERS AND A SMALL STAY IN A HOSPITAL FOR THEM TO UNDERSTAND THINGS BETTER. MONEY WHEN YOU ARE SICK MEANS NOTHING, IF YOU CAN GET BETTER YOU NEED TO DO WHATS RIGHT NOT WORRY ABOUT MONEY AND YOU CAN NOT ENABLE THEM BY TRYING TO MAKE THINGS BETTER. I KNOW IT WILL BE HARD FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY BUT IN THE LONG RUN IT WILL BE ALRIGHT, THIS PERSON NEEDS TO BE ABLE TO HELP THEMSELF, IF IT MEANS GOING TO THE DOCTOR, THE HOSPITAL !!! ALL YOU CAN DO IS BE THERE (EVEN FROM MILES AWAY)FOR THEM THRU THIS ENTIRE PROCESS, REASSUREING THEM THEY HAVE MADE THE RIGHT DECISION BY SEEKING PROF. HELP. I HAVE DEALT WITH THIS FOR MY "PERSON", THE UPS & DOWNS, THE TEARS, THE SCREAMING, THE POLICE, EVERYTHING, IT FEELS LIKE THERE IS NOTHING THAT COULD BE WORSE AND THEN GOD STEPS IN AND HELPED MAKE IT ALL BETTER AGAIN BY SHOWING THIS PERSON WE LOVED THEM ENOUGH TO TELL THEM THEY NEEDED PROF HELP BEFORE THEY HURT THEMSELVES OR OTHERS ANYMORE THAN THEY HAD. (THANK GOD, MY PERSONS ATTEMPT FAILED THEM) SUMMER, I DON'T WANT TO SCARE YOU, BUT WHAT YOU HAVE DESCRIBED SOUNDS SO FAMILIAR TO ME, I WANTED YOU TO KNOW I AM SO UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT YOU ARE GOING THRU AND I WILL BE HERE FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME, IF YOU JUST WANT TO TALK, CRY, SCREAM, I WILL BE HERE FOR YOU.
MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU,
JENNIFER

aday said...

AMEN JENNIFER!!

Summer~You and your family is your priority right now. You must raise your boys and tend to your home and family, these types want someone to always bail them out. There is no rule that because you are happy and your family is successful that is your responsibility to be the Dr Phil. Do not loose or destroy your family with someone who has already destroyed themselves those types of behaviors are like the plage trust me

jodie said...

Oh girlie...I completely understand how you are feeling because as you know, I'm in that situation right now. My best advice is to NOT take this person into your home but to be there for all the emotional support! Even if you took her in, you could never fix her problem, only she can do that and she won't until she admits she has a problem. What you have to do is release yourself from the guilt of saying NO! That my friend is difficult, trust me I know...but it's necessary. You are not in charge of her happiness, only she is! Please know that I'm here if you need to talk or anything!

*Chelle* said...

A lot of good advice has been posted for you girl. All I can add are my prayers for you and yours. I don't live that far so come on up and sit and have a good cry over a hot cup of tea any day!!!

Love and hope to you!!
Chelle

Anonymous said...

ok girl I've read the advice and it's awesome! You have so many in your corner! I have been in this situation myself and letting the "person" live with you will not help anything, especially them. I've done that and became the crutch they so needed. It makes you crazy and second guess yourself so much. But believe me letting them live with you is NOT the way to go. I don't know the family situation but I had so many telling me I couldn't turn my back cuz that was "family." Well true "family" would never expect that from you so Godspeed to you hon! Say the hardest words ever, NO! Easier said than done I know but you have so many at your back and your boys and husband and YOU come first so do what you truly feel is right! We will be here to listen as you vent, yell, scream, cry or lose it! WE WILL!

Anonymous said...

ok girl I've read the advice and it's awesome! You have so many in your corner! I have been in this situation myself and letting the "person" live with you will not help anything, especially them. I've done that and became the crutch they so needed. It makes you crazy and second guess yourself so much. But believe me letting them live with you is NOT the way to go. I don't know the family situation but I had so many telling me I couldn't turn my back cuz that was "family." Well true "family" would never expect that from you so Godspeed to you hon! Say the hardest words ever, NO! Easier said than done I know but you have so many at your back and your boys and husband and YOU come first so do what you truly feel is right! We will be here to listen as you vent, yell, scream, cry or lose it! WE WILL!

Flair Girl said...

Looks like there's not much left to say. You are a beautiful person with a lot going gor you and a lot to look forward to. Keep your chin up and hold tight to your faith. God will lead you through.

I look forward to getting to know you better. You will be in my prayers.

Happy Turkey Day! Be thankful!

Brynn

Anonymous said...

Summer,
I so know what you are facing right now. I was there 4 years ago, and can finally say now that things are better. I did give in and let my mother move in with us, being an only child I didn't really feel like I had a choice, however there were a lot of stipulations on it. Unfortunately, it was a very very hard road. It was basically a role reversal, and I'm not sure that it will ever go back to the way things used to be.
You have to do what is right in your heart for your husband and the boys. I can not tell you how many screaming matches my husband and I had while she was here. And, honestly, the day she moved out on her own again, is one of the best memories I have right now, and that makes me very sad.
One of the stipulations I put on the moving in, was she had to check her self into the hospital for treatment and medication, needless to say she was so messed up she ended up being there for 6 weeks. SO, you are right in thinking she needs some medical help, I'm sure she does.
Summer, I want you to know you are not alone,and I know how hard this is right now, please don't let guilt or obligation fuel you, as I did, do what's right for you and try to be strong, as hard as that may be right now.
If you ever need to talk just give me a holler.