Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Family....


Nothing was my plan for the day. And nothing is not what I did!!! I ran all over today like a crazy person. I have been soo tired lately. I just don't have any pep in me! Do you ever feel like someone/thing is pulling you in 14 directions and if you let go of one them something bad would happen to them/it?!?!?! These past couple of weeks have felt like that! I have had some things going on in my family that have just been soo overwhelming. I got a phone call a couple of nights ago that just tore my heart out!!! I am here in KS and they are there and I felt soo helpless b/c I was here!!!! I miss being with my family. I miss the love and support of a family. I miss my brother picking on me. It's been so long since I have seen my Mom and Sister. My Nonna and Papa are getting older and they always talk about seeing my boys but they won't travel here and it is soo expensive to go where they are. I don't know if it is because the holidays are coming up. Maybe it's b/c of what happened the other night and I thought I could loose someone very close to me. I have sooo many things to be happy and grateful for here in the cheerio, KS but I keep thinking about what I am missing out on being away from my family. I have Kevin's family but they don't even speak to one another. Totally opposite of my family. I guess I just miss their affection and how close all of us are! I do talk to them on a daily basis but it's just not enough. I mean my Mom hasn't even seen Jaxi yet. And the last time she saw Johnny he was 18 months old. What the hell is that!?! Okay if I keep going on I will just be that more upset. I don't even know what this blog is all about but it's just somethings that have been on my heart...

7 comments:

~BuzyKeriBee~ said...

hey there sweetie! No worries.. I too get like that sometimes and I think it is all normal. I can't say my family is really close but close enough that when I am away for a long time it plays a big part in your life. I know we are all not your actual family but we are your scrappin family. If you need to chat just hollar!! Things will get better and just know I am thinking about you!!! HUGS!!!`

Summer said...

WOW!!! Keri that is soo sweet!! Thank you!!!

Alicia Sharp said...

Summer, I hope things get better for you! I know it is hard sometimes but you will be stronger when you get through this! You will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Christie said...

Ok Summer, don't know you that well, and I knw you have lots going on in your life, but my goodness it sounds like it's way past time for you to hop on a plane with your kiddos! Don't think too much about it--just plan it! I know it's a lot of work to travel with little ones and all, but you sound so upset, and the only things that's really going to help the problem is some quality time with your family! Especially your mom. I am in awe of the fact that you haven't seen her in so long--that is super hard when you are a mama's girl like myself. If all else, pack up your scrapbooks and leave the kiddos at home, and go get yourself a little family fix before you go into major withdrawl! You need your family, and for most of us, our inlaws are just not a substitute for our own family! Figure it out, rearrange what you need to, and get those kiddos to see their grandma. You won't be sorry that you did it, and Johnny will survive if he misses a few days of preschool! Or if you want to take the easier route, send your mom a ticket to come see you! Remember that they are your family, and they will be so happy to see you even if you are living in a little duplex and they have to stay somewhere else, or if you have to bring tons of stuff to keep the kids happy. What matters is that you need a few days with your fam! Ok, that is my two cents--I will be praying for you. I know this is a hard time! Christie

jodie said...

Hey girlie! I totally understand about the family thing...my husband's family hasn't ever seen Parker and he's over a year now! They've only seen Riley 3 times and she's almost 4yrs! Now, my family lives here and sometimes it's just too close!! LOL But, I get it when you feel like you need to be close to them...I'm so sorry you are sad...but maybe like Christie said...just make it happen and hop a plane and see your family...just might be what you need! You're in my thoughts & prayers!

Steff & the gang!!! said...

Summmmmmmer, I'm so sad to hear about your family. I can't even IMAGINE going that long without seeing my family - heck I see them EVERYDAY!! Even before the store - we all saw each other at LEAST three times a week - and spoke every day - sometimes multiple times. I know how you feel about not being able to replace that with ANYTHING else!! Sometimes you have to just let everything else wait and do what YOU need to do for the time being!! Everything else will be waiting in your cherrio box when you return!!! GO!!!!

wolffx5 said...

I know that my extended family doesn't compare but you know they and me of course are always there for you! It's not the same but it's a little sumpin sumpin!!